Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Treat- Nourished Kitchen's Coconut Cake

I've been wanting to make this cake for a long time and Valentine's Day was the perfect opportunity. I found the recipe very easy to follow with minimal steps and nothing complicated.  It was my first time baking with coconut flour and I wasn't sure what to expect.  The flavor was definitely different than previous coconut desserts that I had, more subtle.  The cake is very dense and filling, owing a bit to the rich and fibrous quality of the coconut flour.  I did add unsweetened raw shredded coconut to the frosting for texture.  I am a bit of a sweet tooth, so in the future I think I will sweeten the frosting with a bit more honey or a dash of maple syrup. Overall, the cake is delicious and very pretty.


View the recipe and further information here:

http://nourishedkitchen.com/coconut-flour-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment